Run For Justice For Ahmaud Arbery
WHAT: FBC-W & the United Missionary Baptist Association Invite You to A Virtual Run/Walk For Justice for the Family of Ahmaud Arbery Who Was Killed While Jogging In Georgia
Grab & Go @ FBC-W
Starting Monday, June 1
Mon-Thurs, 12-1pm thru June & July 2020
Brown vs Board of Education
On Sunday, May 17, we observed the 66th anniversary of the landmark Brown vs. Board of Education Supreme Court ruling that unanimously struck down segregrated schools and outlawed the old separate-but-equal principle in public facilities. While it would take years for the ruling to become reality throughout the nation, it was a monumental legal start.
HAPPY 97TH BIRTHDAY!
COVID-19 Screening & Testing
SPREAD THE WORD!
ATRIUM HEALTH & NOVANT HEALTH OFFERING COVID-19 SCREENINGS & TESTING
The Atrium Health Mobile Unit will be offering COVID-19 screening and testing this week, May 25-29, at:
Tuesday, May 26
- Atrium Health East Charlotte Family Physicians (5801 Executive Center Drive), 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Wednesday, May 27
- Nations Ford Community Church Family Life Center (7410 Nations Ford), 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Iglesias Camino (1801 Walkup Avenue, Monroe) 10 a.m. - 4p.m.
Thursday, May 28
- St. Paul Baptist Church (1401 Allen Street), 12 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Friday, May 29
- Iglesia Cristiana Nueva Vision (6800 The Plaza), 12 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- St. Joseph's Catholic Church (108 St. Joseph Street, Kannapolis), 12 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Novant Health also is offering screening and testing in East and West Charlotte Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm at the following Novant Health Centers:
- West Charlotte, 2845 Beatties Ford Road, Screenings
- East Charlotte, 5501 Executive Center Drive, Screenings
- Freedom Drive, 3149 Freedom Drive, Respiratory Assessments
- Novant Health GoHealth Urgent Care Centers, Weekends & Evenings
Covid-19 Screening @ FBC-West
N95 Mask Giveaway
Shout Out to John and Beverly Harrell for providing N95 Masks
for free distribution to our members.
FBC-W BLOOD DRIVE 3/29
YOU STEPPED UP!
WE WERE SCHEDULED TO HAVE 11 DONATIONS DURING SUNDAY'S BLOOD DRIVE
Welcome To The New fbcwest.org
Hallelujah! Our church website has been updated. And best of all, it's mobile phone friendly. No more squinting to see what's happening at the church.
We're still working out all the kinks, but send your thoughts or suggestions to email@example.com.
To put an fbcwest.org icon on your phone's home screen, follow these directions for:
Open Chrome and go to www.fbcwest.org. Tap the menu button and tap Add to homescreen. For Firefox for Android, tap the menu button, tap the Page option, and tap Add to Home Screen.
iPhone, iPad & iPod
Open Safari and go to www.fbcwest.org. Tap the Share button on the browser’s toolbar — that’s the rectangle with an arrow pointing upward. Tap the Add to Home Screen icon in the Share menu.
To use the picture above as wallpaper for your phone's home screen, drag the picture to your phone's home screen or to photos and follow your device's usual instructions for wallpaper.
To make fbcwest.org your internet default page or the first one you see when you log onto the internet, click this link https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000577.htm for the most common internet browsers.
p.s. We'll be sending out flash emails soon with church updates so make sure we have your best email address by filling out the elist signup.
E-List SignUp Form
Please Pray For . . .
- The family of Sister Pamela Love for the loss of her mother Daisy Lee Carlton on May 20. Private services will be held May 27.
- The family of Deacon Glenn Burkins for the loss of his brother Rev. Robert N. Burkins on May 1.
- The family of the late Rev. Paul Hailey. A private service and internment was held Wednesday, April 15.
- The family of the late Attorney Calvin Brown. A Family-Only funeral service was held Saturday, April 4, at First Baptist Church-West. A memorial service is scheduled for August 1.
Zoom for FBC-W Ministries
FBC-W Ministries Only
Through a partnership with WSOC-TV & Red Lobster, we were able to serve meals to over 100 persons just as the Covid-19 quarantine was starting. Thanks WSOC-TV & Red Lobster! Click Here for photos.
NO SUNDAY SERVICES
In keeping with the State of Emergency declared by Gov. Roy Cooper and public health officials regarding the Coronavirus outbreak, our Senior Pastor, Dr. Ricky A. Woods, and the Board of Deacons have prayerfully decided to err on the side of caution and suspend Sunday services until further notice. The church office also has been closed.
A member of the Deacon Board will reach out to you with further communication and ongoing support. Feel free to contact the church office for further information (704-372-1075) or to email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please continue to make your financial contributions through online giving, by mail or dropping off your tithe and donations in the church mailbox.